pages

9/27/12

autumn baking


in my world, crisp air necessitates warm sweets. period.
here are my three favorites for the week:

(complete with 12 year old handwritting;
I recommend warming the cream cheese and beating before adding the wet ingredients.
I also add raisins; between 1/2 and 3/4s a cup.)






and since these Oatmeal Raisin CookieBars don't look mouthwatering, here's the recipe.
I've had five people ask me for it in the last month.
so you know it's good.

Beat together 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white
Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla.

In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cup of flour, 1 tsp baking soda,
1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of nutmeg.

Add to wet mixture. Stir in 3 cups of oats and 2 cups of raisins.
Bake in greased pan (butter, not spray) at 350 for 40-45 minutes. 

1 comment: